How to measure hair growth

If you are trying to grow your hair long it can be quite hard to see the results yourself so here is an easy way to monitor your hair growth journey.


Some hair facts:

  • On average your hair will grow 1.5cm in a month and up to 15cm a year
  • Hair is the second fastest growing tissue in the human body after bone marrow
  • On average a person can lose up to 100 hairs from their scalp
  • Blondes have the most hair on the head with an average of 120,000, dark haired people come second with up to 100,000 and redheads with the least, 80,000 strands of hair
  • Asian hair grows the fastest and African hair is the slowest and most fragile
  • African and European people are less likely to go bald compared to Asian people
  • Hair takes 13 days for it to turn white from shock
  • A single strand of hair can reveal what you have eaten or drank in the past month


As you can see from some of my previous posts here and here I have decided to grow out my layers and have super long hair again. At the peak of my hair growth it was a little above my knees about mid thigh, slowly I chopped and chopped and chopped until I had a similar hair cut to this....
My mum was not too happy but I was very young and after years of having long hair I had enough, I am glad that I did it and I am lucky enough to be able to grow it back again as many people I know just cannot get their hair to grow long  enough.

My tips to get long hair:
I am by no means strict with my diet but I never deny myself something to eat, I eat well and have vegetables as much as I can
I drink water throughout the day
I use coconut oil twice a week and fenugreek once a week as a leave in hair treatment
I never brush my hair when it's wet and always start from the bottom up to minimise breakage
I tie my hair up whenever I can or braid it
I stopped dyeing my hair a few years ago and this has made such a huge difference
I don't use hair straighteners, curling irons, rollers etc (only a hair dryer twice a week)
I don't use any hair products such as gels, serums, hairspray etc
I only use snag free hair ties to prevent breakage
I trim the ends of my hair every 8-12 weeks

So to measure hair growth all you will need is a white t-shirt or top, you may need a friend or someone to help you, a ruler and a permanent marker. Then when you slip on the t-shirt and take a picture its easy to identify how long your hair has grown, you could even mark the date on the t-shirt if you want to keep track.

Put the t-shirt/top on and mark out where each main point of your body is. I used an old maternity tank top because it's very long and my hair is already to my hips but you can use what ever item of clothing you would like. Here is my example:
Hair growth check tank top
I have seen similar t-shirts/tank tops selling for £15+, save yourself a little money and DIY using an old item of clothing.

Here is an example of another way you could make it:

1 comments:

Dr. Health Clinic said...

Very useful an helpful blog, thanks for sharing.
Hair Clinic in Bangalore

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up