Felt crafts

Recently my two year old has been really getting into nursery rhymes, to get her more involved I decided to make a few of her favourite characters out of felt. This way I could also teach her names too (she is really lazy to talk and only says a few words) her favourites are Itsy Bitsy Spider, Twinkle Twinkle and Finger Family.
Another reason to start crafting was because my little diva doesn't really like playing with her toys, I feel so bad on spending so much money on good toys that don't seem to entertain her. So this way I can save money on toys by making her own.

The first felt craft I did was a small owl plushie for her favourite video, she absolutely loves her owl, whenever the song plays she looks for it so she can play. The second craft I did was a felt finger puppet star for Twinkle Twinkle and the third was a spider for the Itsy Bitsy Spider song.

I didn't follow any tutorials but just made it up as I went along. As you can see from my previous post here I bought a whole bunch of felt at a really good price so I wanted to get my little one involved with crafts.

The thing that takes time is the templates, I drew each shape on a piece of paper, cut it out and then placed it on the fabric to get the exact dimensions. Once I had all the shapes then I just stitched everything together, the stitching is really easy and because they are small it was really quick too.

I am really happy with my three felt projects and as always you learn as you go so my first wasn't exactly perfect but you learn from your mistakes, overall I thought it was a success. I just hope to find some time and inspiration to make some more felt crafts. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up