How to make hair grow faster

As a child I was always known as the 'girl with long hair' my friends even nicknamed me Rapunzul. I used to have waist length hair in my secondary school days and then when I left it was already nearing to my knees! As my mother always had lovely long hair, it never bothered me that I always stood out from my friends because of my hair. I never had a problem caring for it and was never forced to have long hair, I enjoyed getting ready in the morning as my hair was just poker straight whereas my friends spent ages blow drying and straightening their hair everyday.

A few years ago I got very fed up and was bored of having the same hairstyle, one day I just went to Tony and Guy and got the shortest hair cut you could imagine, I think it was one Rhianna was sporting. I was really pleased with my new 'do', when I came to visit my mum she nearly cried, she was so angry that I had cut off my beautiful long hair. My nan thought it was a nice change, my work colleagues didn't recognise me! It even inspired one of them to also get a similar haircut, then my husband came back from a weekend away with is friends. He couldn't look at me let alone speak to me, it was so nice to finally be able to sleep without tying my hair up and getting up in the night to move it because it got in the way, for me it was freedom.

I was now using one shampoo bottle every 8 weeks instead of two a month, well after just a few months I hated it. I missed my long hair and realised that there weren't many people who had very healthy long hair I was so angry at myself for being so impulsive. I decided that I would grow it out but everytime I went to the hairdresser I was tempted to get a new hairstyle so 'growing it out' was taking longer than expected.

I used to get a full fringe during the winter months and layers during the summer but since the birth of my one and only child I no longer have the time to spend so much time styling my hair so decided no was the time to get serious and make my hair grow faster. As you can see from a previous post of mine I used to use Gooseberry oil and Cactus oil on a regular basis but since December 2012 I have used solely Coconut oil at least once a week but sometimes manage twice a week.
July 2012
Since I have been using just Coconut oil I and all my friends and family have noticed such an amazing difference. I hadn't actually noticed until around a week ago when I was looking at old photos, I was so amazed at how much my hair has grown in such a short time! Although the last time I had a proper haircut with a fringe and layers was November 2011 I regularly trim my own hair every 8 weeks or so. I have noticed as my hair is growing there is a part where it looks like a U shape but that's where my layers are.
February 2013
I usually put coconut hair oil in my hair when it needs to be washed, so when I wake up, after I have breakfast I massage some oil into my scalp and a little over mu hair including the ends. Then in the evening I wash it out. Because it has become second nature now my toddler regularly imitates me massaging my head. Once a month or so we both have coconut hair treatment and I notice a huge difference in her hair too.

Now I also eat a lot of vegetables and few glasses of water a day so that helps me too but I really swear by coconut hair oil to make hair grow faster. The best kind to use is Virgin Coconut oil as its purer. Mine costs around 80p for 200ml and that lasts me a month or so.

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up