Save money on craft material

For a while now I have been really getting into arts and crafts as a past time and hobby, as my little diva is about to turn two she has been getting a little more creative too so we spend time painting and drawing on a regular basis. I have noticed that craft materials can be a little expensive so here's how I save money.

I decided to try making felt plushies as a past time and maybe try making custom designs for people who want something specific but the cost of felt looks affordable but I found it to be very expensive compared to others. For example on eBay a pack of 10 felt squares 20x20cm cost £7.50 but I found a supplier that sell 96 squares to me for just over £10!

I also decided to try Polymer clay crafts, you mould and shape the clay then put it in the oven to harden. You can make figurines, jewellery, keyrings, the options are endless but they cost around £1.75 for one small clay, I found a place where you can get 24 colours for just over £13.

Have you ever wanted to buy googly eyes? They cost over £1 for a pack of 100, I found a place where you can get 700 for less than £4.

Do you want to start sewing but you don't want to spend a small fortune on material? Did you know on eBay and other websites you can get a bag of scrap materials for a very small fee. You can even get designer fabrics such as Cath Kidston.

If you would like to know where I get my crafting supplies from please click here to contact me and I will be happy to share my supplier/s.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up