Nail trends

Do you remember the days when popping into your local nail salon was the norm? I haven't been to one in years and I don't miss it either. I have been to budget salons and high end salons and to be honest I have never found a place that met my expectations. I used to think nothing of spending between £5 - £38 for a french manicure, I haven't had nail extensions since I was a teenager.

I have been a serial nail biter since I was a child but then around the age of 17/18 I decided that I wanted to break this bad habit and stop, so I started to try nail strengtheners and then nail extensions. I soon realised that nail extensions were damaging and causing my nails to become very weak so decided to go back to letting them grow out naturally. Personally for me when I have some nail polish, design or simple french manicured nails it puts me off wanting to bite them so over the years I have been doing my nails at home.

At home nail care routine
When I have the time I push back my cuticles and trim them off, this stimulates nail growth and makes the nail bed look tidier. I clean under my nails and file them with a glass nail file as this prevents them from breaking and is less damaging then emery boards. When I finish with applying nail polish I use a quick dry nail oil so that I can resume 'mommy duties'.

Because I no longer have the time to go to a nail salon I have been doing my own nails at home for a very long time, here are a few tips and trends that you can do at home.

French manicure - this elegant finish is preferred  by many celebrities and people who want a clean and chic finish. My best tip is to use reinforcement stickers so you get a clean finish, otherwise nail tip guides can also be purchased.

Half moon - I love this look as an alternative to french nails, use reinforcement stickers to get that perfect curve at the top of the nail.

Newspaper nails - Paint nails with any colour of your choice, then use rubbing alcohol to transfer the print onto the nails.

Floral nails - you can do this freehand but for a few pounds you can get nail stickers that last a long time.

So if you want to stay on trend but save money, try doing your nails at home with minimum spend.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up