Wall Murals and Posters - Review

In January it was my sisters birthday, she just had her room redecorated and I wanted to purchase something for her birthday so I asked her what she would like. She told me she really wanted a door mural of a rainforest, so I went online in search of a nice one.
I do a lot of shopping online and always have, for me its more convenient and (I have never in the ten years that I have done so) ever experienced and problems. Since I joined Paypal a few years ago shopping online is even better as I get added protection that I wouldn't otherwise get using just my debit card. I stopped my credit card years ago when I realised I didn't need it, otherwise you can get some protection by using that aswell.

Anyway back to my mural search, I found that they are really expensive! All it is really is a big poster and the standard sized ones are around £5 but murals were in the region of £25+, but as it was my sister's birthday present I wasn't going to be stingy.

So I came across a very plain website that has a common e-commerce template, although it wasn't a very attractive website it was a little better pricing wise. I try not to look down on websites that are common looking as I know everyone has to start somewhere and the fact that it accepted Paypal made me feel a little better.

So after much research I went ahead and bought a wall mural for around £19 including delivery. A few days later I got an email to say they had just one left and it was damaged, would I like refund or wait for the next delivery taking place in a few weeks? I opted to wait because my sister really wanted it. So her birthday came and went and 4 weeks later I still heard nothing. I contacted them again and they said wait another week. Well I realised that I only have 45 days to file a dispute with Paypal before I lose my money forever and with just a few days left I didn't want to chance it. I asked for a refund and received no reply so opened a dispute with Paypal instead.

I got a refund the same day! To be honest I should have known straight away that I would've been messed around as the email confirming the order wasn't even filled in properly, It was a generic template that wasn't complete. Also the lack of communication was very poor, stay away from www.wallmuralsandposters.co.uk they are bad news.

Now 3 months later I owe my sister a birthday present!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up