How to curl hair using no heat!

As you know long term use of hair straighteners and curling irons can cause damage to your hair, using heat protective products can help but eventually your will get weaker and damaged. If your lucky it may only be the ends of the hair that are damaged and you can get away with cutting a little off the ends otherwise you will have the painstaking slow process of having to repair your hair from the roots. Anyway I'm sure you all know this so I'm going to talk about the various different ways you can curl your hair without using heat that I have tried and tested.

The bun method: using a sock donut you can also get natural waves or every day curly hair. You need to give it a few tries before you find the way that works for you the best but its definitely worth it as you can leave it in overnight and still sleep comfortably. I have tried this method and it works great, but because my hair is quite long (waist length) its not the ideal choice for me.

Hair cocoons: Hair cocoons are also a good way to get tight curls without heat but the only downside is that they don't curl from the scalp but this method works well if you want nice tight curls the next day as you can leave them in overnight and still sleep comfortably. I watched a really good tutorial on Youtube that showed it well from start to finish, since then other people have done their own version.

Braids: Some braids/plaits also make the hair curly or wavy depending on braid, Lilith Moon has a really good tutorial on a braid you can wear during the day, leave it in overnight and the next day you will have voluminous curls.

Rag curls: This is an old school way of curling hair that was mostly used on children to give them those tight doll like curls but adults do them too, and depending on your method the curls will be different. I have tried and tested this method myself and loved it, I found an old t-shirt cut it into strips and rolled the ends of my hair around it until I reached the top. I had long lasting curls all day!

Rollers: Of course you can always use the old fashioned method of just putting sleep rollers in your hair before bed or when you are applying your make up, when you find the best rollers for your hair, stick to them! With so many on the market at the moment make sure you read reviews and ask you friends what they use, it will save you lots of money and time.

These are just a few ways that you can achieve curls using no heat but there are others out there too, if you have a way that I haven't mentioned that works great then let me know in the comments below and if you have tried any of the above methods share your experience here.

1 comments:

Dr. Health Clinic said...

Good and useful information. Thanks for sharing the blog
Hair Clinic in Bangalore

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up