Returning a non-faulty item

A few weeks ago I really wanted a curling wand, as you all know I have very long hair but it is very fine. I wanted big bouncy curls and from my research I need a big wand and I found one by Remington called the Sapphire pro curl at only £28.99 from Argos.
So I popped into my local Argos store and they only had one left, it does say that I cannot return it unless its faulty so I decided to take my chances. I brought it home and tried it on second day hair, it made no difference at all, even on the highest setting my hair just would not hold a curl.

I contacted Remington to tell them that I was very unhappy, I even tried it on my mum's hair but it also didn't curl. Remington replied back after a few days and asked me to send it to their headquarters so they could test it. I knew there was a chance I wouldn't get my money back so I decided to return it to Argos instead and get a refund.

Returning a non-returnable, non-faulty item at Argos
I knew that I couldn't just take it back, they wouldn't accept it, so I said that it doesn't heat up properly and I contacted Remington who said to bring it back. They didn't plug it in to check it and asked if I wanted an exchange or refund, obviously I chose a refund and it was done.

Honestly I would have kept it if it did it's job properly but for £30 I wasn't willing to let it gather dust in my cupboard. I don't condone doing this as I really wanted it to work but basically to get a refund I just had to tell a little lie and if they had plugged it in they would've seen that it was perfectly fine.

So how do you return something that is exempt from returns, just fake a fault and hope for the best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up