Mineral make up review

For a while I was thinking about trying mineral make up and after reading some fantastic reviews about how much better it is for you I decided to give it a go. I bought a starter kit from eBay for less than £15 and decided to give it a try. It immediately made my skin itchy and flaky but above all it didn't give me a flawless look, it just showed how bad my skin actually is.

As a teenager I suffered from acne and as a result of picking I have been left with ice pick scarring that I'm trying to get rid of, so using make up is a must for me. When I decided to try Dermaroller it was advised to refrain from wearing make up as it will sink into the skin, mineral make up is supposed to be light and less damaging so that was another reason for me to buy it.

There is supposed to be very few ingredients that make up mineral make up, I think mine only had four, compared to foundation that has and endless list of ingredients it should be less irritating and easy on the skin. I am very disappointed with the results of mineral make up and will stick to my foundation. You can see from the photos below that foundation suits my skin far better than mineral make up does, it just sinks into your skin making it look worse. I imagine that it is the same for older women who have wrinkles, it will sink in making it look worse and older than you actually are.
Right cheek mineral make up
Left cheek mineral make up
Left cheek foundation
The picture above of me wearing foundation was taken after moisturising and nothing else, no primer or pore minimizing serum. I usually use pore serum by Clinique.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up