Frister and Rossmann QE681 sewing machine Review

So for a while now I have been thinking about taking up sewing, now my little one is getting bigger she can entertain herself long enough for me to get on with things. A sewing machine can be a great investment if you have the time to use it and best of all you don't really need any lessons to help get started you can pretty much learn on your own.

After much searching and weighing my options I decided to go for the Frister and Rossmann Quilters Edition QE681, for £229 I got an extension table 9 extra feet and a bundle of free extra's such as a set of 5 scissors and 36 rolls of different coloured thread. I originally wanted a Brother machine as they have a good reputation but compared to the Frister and Rossmann you can get so much more for the same price.


The sewing machine also comes with an automatic needle threader that the Brother machine did not have, also for the Brother Machine I would have had to pay £50 extra to get an extension table. With the Frister and Rossmann I get 225 stitches that include embroidery too, this was a plus but for the price I paid I would say I got a bargain.


I got my sewing machine at Sewing Machines Direct, I ordered online and paid via Payapl they deduct the money after 14 days so that gave me extra peace of mind. Well when my sewing machine came I read all the instructions and threaded it, got a piece of material, switched it on and started sewing. Unfortunately after only a few stitches it switched off and would not come back on again, I tried all different electrical points but still nothing, called them and they said to try different leads. Even after doing so it would not start, so I called them again and they arranged for a courier to come and take it away, they would either fix it or send out a replacement. Well it turns out an internal wire was loose and that's why it would not start. A few days later a new one was sent.

Using my new sewing machine
So it was back and I was very eager to give it a try so when I was out I came across a charity shop selling clothes for £1 so I bought two t-shirts and a jumper, this was just to practice on as I knew I would mess up. I cut up the t-shirt to make a skirt for my toddler and just needed to alter the tension a little bit.

What I like about this sewing machine is that when you choose the stitch you want it shows you a picture of the foot that you need to use, I think that they were all included with the machine too so that's a plus.

The machine does come with a manual but I find it pretty useless, the instructions are not clear enough and I have a hard time with the different attachments. I have tried most of the feet and feel pretty useless, the embroidery stitches just don't come out right, I have tried changing the tension, different feet, etc but they all come out bunched up. It's such a shame because they have some nice decorative stitches for doing borders.
*UPDATE
I have managed to figure out that I was using the wrong foot for monogramming and the decorative/embroidery stitches. Now I am very happy with the quality of the decorative stitches!

Overall I do like this machine as it comes with so much to get you started but I think I should have gone for a more basic model as it is a little overwhelming for a beginner.

If you are an experienced sewer then this machine is for you but if you are a beginner like myself then I think this machine will be a little too frustrating to start out with. There are so many complicated options that sometimes I just want to give up. I really wish I bought something a little more basic to start off with.
**UPDATE
So  I have used this sewing machine for a week now doing everything possible, I have made skirts, tops and altered a few pieces of clothing and I am very happy with the machine now but it did take a little time figuring everything out! 

Any questions? Please feel free to contact me or comment below.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for insight of the machine looking to get one

Unknown said...

thanks for insight of the machine looking to get one

Unknown said...

Hi. What foot did u use for the decorative stitches please? That's what I've struggled with

Unknown said...

How do i get the pattern for overcast stitch? Got the manual, but trying to in put on the machine my mind boggles. Thanks

Unknown said...

I have bought one today and can't make head nor tail of how to work it. I can do a straight stitch but its very small and the manual is quite complicated. I am a dressmaker of over 40 years and this machine has stumped me! Not sure I like it much. I didn't know you needed a particular foot to do the fancy stitches! having another look tomorrow.

Anonymous said...


I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Shingles, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease
,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,HypertensionFatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Autism,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases,,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.
Dementia.,Lyme Disease,,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer Dercum,Hpv,Weak Erection,Infertility,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Breast CANCER,Lung Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Autism,Brain Cancer,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease..You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com / info@drituaherbalcenter.com. or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

Shannon Mackle said...



Please Approve comment..

I was cured from Herpes Hsv-2, Herpes is not a life sentence, Ignorance makes people suffer,

Thanks Robinson.buckler ( yahoo. com ),……

He has the best herbal remedy

Use his help to win back Ex-lover

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up